POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1. Please give us at least 24 hours notice if you are not going to make it to swimming.
2. If you or your child is sick, you must call that morning before 10:00 AM in order to reschedule your swim lesson.
3. If you have a vacation planned, we need to know a week in advance.
4. No call/No show, the swim lesson counts and cannot be made up.
1. Payments are due the first week of every monthly session.
2. We can take card or check for payments that first day of the lesson, or we can take payments over the phone.
3. No refunds unless the S.A.S.S instructor becomes ill or injured and can no longer work.
4. Please pay S.A.S.S staff only not the front desk of the facility. S.A.S.S pays rental fee's to use the pool.
Equipment and Pool Rules for your child.
1. Swim suit
If your child is still in diapers, they must wear a standard swim diaper and the plastic liner as well. See Salt Lake Health Department requirements.
Bring goggles if you have goggles, if not S.A.S.S locations do sale goggles.
3. Ear protection
If you or your child has ear problems, make sure ear-plugs are being used. Water can cause infections. For the swim lessons to be successful, the parents/guardians must be out of sight of the child. The children will calm down and we can work with them. This is not traumatizing for the child – when the child is attached to a parent, they tend not to listen to the instructor. This does not mean you have to leave the facility, the child just cannot see you.
1. Make sure you do not let your child enter into the water until your instructor gives him/her permission to enter.
2. Please purchase a day pass if you are going to stay and swim during open plunge or lap swim after the lesson is over.
3. Use the locker rooms or family changing room's to change your child, it is a heath code violation to change on the pool deck.
4. Please be respectful to all S.A.S.S facilities, we are very thankful to get the opportunity to use Utah's recreational facilities.